CALL FOR WORK
Submissions for Squeaky Wheel’s Holiday Screening
DHSS: Dysfunctional Holiday Survival Strategies
Deadline December 9th!
Squeaky Wheel announces an open call for video for the annual Dysfunctional Holiday Party on Saturday December 17th from 7-10pm at Squeaky Wheel in the Market Arcade Building. Squeaky Wheel is seeking short video submissions that explore strategies for surviving the quirky, disturbing, funny, wonderful and sometimes crazy aspects of the Holidays! Individuals are encouraged to send in their video artwork free of charge to be considered for inclusion in the screening.
The following are the guidelines for entries for Squeaky Wheel’s holiday screening DHSS, Dysfunctional Holiday Survival Strategies.
1. Everyone brings their own anxiety to the holiday season. Let us get to know yours though a short motion picture work.
2. A false show of interest or affection can be perfectly acceptable during the holiday season. Sometimes is it the lesser of two evils, often it is the best course of action. Using video demonstrate your interest and affection to people-kind, to your city, your pet, your lover?
3. What is your holiday mantra? MMIHA (Make More Ironic Holiday Art), LMLFLC (Love Myself, Love My Friends, Love my City), EAMCAHP (Eat as Many Cookies As Humanly Possible), KTHSB60 (Keep The Heat Set Below 60).
4. Have a go-to gift for holiday parties? Make a How To DIY video of your best holiday cookie, fruitcake, or craft project.
5. Feel free to share some of your very own Survival Strategies.
❉ Entries can be up to 4 minutes in length.
❉ Links to your work should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
❉ The deadline is midnight on December 9, 2016. Selected videos will receive a request for a screening file.
Squeaky Wheel Film & Media Art Center located in downtown Buffalo NY has a mission to continue a legacy of innovation in media arts through access, education, and exhibition. We envision a community that uses electronic media and film to celebrate freedom of expression and diversity of voice.