April 11–June 15 (No class May 4 + 30)
Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30–6 pm
@ Squeaky Wheel, 617 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203
Tech Art for Girls (TAG) is an after-school program for high school-aged girls, non-binary people, and those that feel most comfortable in a female-centric environment. You see them everywhere and we all love to use them, social media filters are embedded in our digital lives. This workshop will introduce participants to making their own AR social media filters with blender and other free open source applications. Participants will have the opportunity to meet artists and discuss the effects of social media filters on society and mental health.
How are we preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- Squeaky Staff and instructors are fully vaccinated
- Prior to and after class equipment will be properly cleaned with 70% Isopropyl alcohol
- Stations will be placed with a minimum of three feet distance from each other
- Participants and instructors will be required to wear a mask covering both their mouth and nose
- We’re following CDC and NYS guidelines for capacity