Call for Submissions: BIFF Youth Mirco Blocks
June 26, 2020 @ 8:00 am– August 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm EDT
BIFF: Youth Micro Blocks Showcase
Deadline: August 20, 2020, 11:59 PM ET
Notification Date: September 15, 2020
The Buffalo International Film Festival and Squeaky Wheel invite submissions for the Youth Mirco Blocks showcase. Share your voice and vision this fall at the Buffalo International Film Festival! BIFF and Squeaky Wheel are collaborating to showcase the creative power and talent in youth-produced film and media. We are seeking, new, creative film and media work from students nationwide. All young filmmakers under 18 can submit any moving image works 10 mins or shorter in duration.
A series of virtual micro-block screenings with live filmmaker talks proceeding the screenings during the BIFF festival. Submissions will be judged by a panel of young makers from Squeaky Wheel’s advance-track youth media program Saturday Cafe.
Please direct any questions about the application process or submission requirements to Martina LaVallo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Guidelines: DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: AUGUST 20, 2020
- Principal Filmmakers must be under 18 years old at the time of making the film
- If you are submitting for a student(s) please contact email@example.com for details
- Films can be no longer than 10 minutes including titles and credits
- Excerpts of longer works will be considered
- All submissions must be either Vimeo or YouTube link. (if it is password protected, must provide a password at the time of submission )
- Selected Filmmakers will be asked for a screener version of their film.
- Multiple submissions per artist are accepted.
- Artists who are African/Black, Indigenous / Native / Aboriginal, POC, people with disabilities, women, 2SLGBTQIA+, and artists who face systemic and structural barriers are highly encouraged to apply and will be prioritized.