Now hiring: Communications and Development Manager
Compensation: $40,000, plus benefits, including health insurance and retirement contribution.
Start date: July 1, 2023; however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Deadline to apply: Submit cover letter and résumé by June 15, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Squeaky Wheel Film and Media Art Center is looking for a creative and experienced Communications and Development Manager to join the team. The Communications and Development Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy that supports Squeaky Wheel’s activities and mission and spreads awareness of our impact to a wide variety of audiences. This role will also support development efforts in collaboration with the Executive Director to drive fundraising goals and communicate the organization’s mission to potential supporters, grantmakers, and other key stakeholders.
- Assists in developing the organization’s internal and external communication strategies in partnership with the Executive Director and Marketing & Communications Committee.
- Build on these communication strategies and the organization’s history and mission to create a style guide to support the brand identity of the organization.
- Coordinates production and/or produces content in support of programs (education, exhibitions, events, and equipment access) in collaboration with interns and staff for all communications platforms including web content, e-newsletters, brochures, and any other supporting materials.
- Monitors web and social media content to ensure program descriptions are current and comments are responded to.
- Coordinates production and/or produces content for communications to promote the organization’s mission, membership, and fund development.
- Prepares reports, marketing, and event-related materials for Marketing & Communications Committee
- Designs or adapts graphics, images, and videos for a range of formats (website, social media, print materials)
- Manages social media updates, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Creates and distributes press releases, media advisories, and press kits, and develops relationships with local and national media.
- Implement annual fund development plans, including the annual giving campaign, fundraising events, membership management, and grant applications.
- Develop, manage and grow relationships with community stakeholders, donors and prospective donors
- Manage the donor management tracking system
- Manage all special events, including sponsorship and in-kind solicitations
- Oversee the organization’s membership program
- Contribute to writing grant proposals
- Work closely with Development Committee to coordinate organization-wide fundraising activities.
- With the Executive Director, establish measurable outcomes for all development activities and create dashboards to communicate progress
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in a marketing or communications role, or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently as a part of a team
- Highly organized
- Exemplary people skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Skilled in photography and graphic design
- Comfortable with social media platforms
- Experience and interest with databases or CRMs; Salesforce knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing communications strategies for small nonprofits that utilize limited resources for maximum impact.
- Ideal candidates also have experience implementing an existing identity framework to inform marketing and design decisions
$40,000/year plus benefits, including health insurance and retirement contribution.
How to apply
To apply for this position, submit cover letter and résumé by May 31, 2023 to email@example.com
The goal start date for this position is July 1, 2023; however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Squeaky Wheel is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
About Squeaky Wheel | Buffalo Media Resources:
Squeaky Wheel is the only organization in Western New York with programming entirely dedicated to media arts. We collaborate with other cultural organizations, institutions, and schools throughout the city. The organization’s long-standing history of providing community-based media art related programs has established an expansive network of national and international artists, scholars, and media arts practitioners. Our mission continues a legacy of innovation in media arts through access, education, and exhibition.
We center diversity, equity, access, and inclusion in the work we do and the people we serve. This commitment is reflected in our hiring practices, board recruitment, programming, and the communities with which we work. We strive to listen to those impacted by racial, economic, and environmental injustice, in order to learn how we might help support our communities better.