Squeaky Wheel’s award-winning youth programs are a perfect addition to your young creatives’ summer. Give them the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and access to 21st Century skills and tools that empower them to own their mediated space.
See below for the current schedule. Space is limited so make sure to sign up today!
Courses are open to youth from grades 5–12 and take place in both morning and afternoon sessions for full days of fun! Light snacks and beverages will be provided, but we encourage you to send your student with lunch if they’re there for the full day.
If you have any questions, please email our Education Director, Caroline Doherty, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolling your young creative in workshops at Squeaky Wheel goes beyond simply providing them with a unique learning experience to expand their knowledge and skills. Each workshop provides us with unrestricted income that goes directly back into our efforts to provide community-focused programing. The majority of funds will go to supporting our teaching artists and support staff to create the best possible experience.
How are we preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- Squeaky Staff and instructors will be handling equipment with proper PPE equipment including masks and gloves
- Prior to and after class equipment will be properly cleaned with 70% Isopropyl alcohol
- We’re following CDC and NYS guidelines for safety and capacity
Click the workshop title for more info. For all workshops, you can register here.
Cost: $200 | $180 members
Week one: July 11–15
Character Animation, 9 am–12 pm
- Animate your own character and world
Music Mix-n-Mastery, 1–4 pm
- Learn how to create your own music
Week two: July 18–22
Makin’ Movies, 9 am–12 pm
- Create your own short movie
Digital Art, 1–4 pm
- Explore the art of words and digital design
Week three: July 25–29
Design & Play, 9 am–12 pm
- Create digital artwork
Makin’ Videos, 1–4 pm
- Document the world around you through video making
Week four: August 1–5
Character Animation II, 9 am–12 pm
- Learn to bring your animated character to life
Video Editing, 1–4 pm
- Put together video footage in fun creative ways
Week five: August 8–12
Augmented Reality (AR), 9 am–12 pm
- Create your own social media AR filters
Animation, 1–4 pm
- Using real-world objects to create animations
Looking for more! Check out our creative neighbor CEPA gallery for their offerings this summer!
Registration must occur at least three days prior to the start date of the workshop. There is a fee of $75 for any cancelations. Cancelations with less than one week’s notice of the start of the workshop will not receive a refund. No walk-ins are accepted. Limited scholarships are available to students. Please contact email@example.com for more information.