Fall Application closed
Fall program dates: September 11–December 11, 2021
Saturdays 1:30–4:30 pm
Mentors: Kaitlyn Lowe and Mark Longolucco
– $250 project stipend
– Technology toolkit (including audio recorder, GoPro, and more)
– Transportation support
Squeaky Wheel is looking for enthusiastic and driven young makers interested in art and technology to join our school year-long program, Saturday Cafe.
Saturday Cafe is an experimental advanced track youth media art project that provides students with artistic mentorship, professional development, and learning opportunities for young makers ages 13–19 based in Buffalo.
Indigenous people, people of color, women, 2SLGBQTIA+ individuals, and young artists who face systemic and structural barriers are highly encouraged to apply. We welcome questions regarding the types of access we can provide to youth with disabilities: please email Martina LaVallo Education Coordinator at email@example.com
How are we preventing the spread of COVID-19?
- Squeaky Staff and instructors are fully vaccinated
- Prior to and after class equipment will be properly cleaned with 70% Isopropyl alcohol
- Stations will be placed with a minimum of three feet distance from each other
- Participants and instructors will be required to wear a mask covering both their mouth and nose
- We’re following CDC and NYS guidelines for capacity.
Who can participate?
Saturday Cafe is for youth ages 13–19 in the Buffalo region.
How can I join?
Simply by filling out our registration form (see below). If you need assistance filling out the registration form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should I apply?
– Do you want to express yourself by making videos, gifs, or poetry?
– Do you love tinkering with programs and pushing the limits of how apps are “supposed to” function?
– Are you excited about meeting cool artists to collaborate and who can show you what it’s like to be a working artist?
Then this program is for you!